More and more parents have released videos and photos of their kids being themselves, and the parents were fully supportive of them instead of enforcing some pointless and outdated gender norms. Whether it was boys wearing dresses and makeup, girls wearing suits and cutting their hair short, they are just living their lives, and their parents are there to support them and encourage them.
Some of the parents on this list are celebrities who would rather let their children be themselves instead of force them to wear a certain type of clothing to fit in “the norm”. Others, though, are just regular people who have realized that trying to stop someone from being themselves can only bring harm, and not good.
1. Megan Fox, who stood up for her son when people were trying to shame him for wearing a dress to school.
2. This dad who raged on Twitter after his son was harassed at school for wearing nail polish.
3. NBA star Dwayne Wade, who defended his son when trolls took issue with his crop top and fake nails.
4. This mom that defended and supported her gender-neutral drag queen child, even though people wrote that they would call social services.
5. This mom that lets her daughter wear whatever she wants, and she encourages fellow parents to do the same.
6. Popular singer Pink and Willow wore matching suits at the VMAs.