1. When sitting on the toilet, and the cramps are so bad that they even cause you to have diarrhea.
2. When a period headache is so hard that it feels like your skull is being crushed.
3. When your alarm keeps going off, but you can’t even move because your body aches so much.
4. When the first gush of blood comes out, and it feels like your uterus has literally exploded.
5. When the period diarrhea actually feels hot.
6. When the pad gets stuck in the pubes, and you brace yourself to rip it off.
7. When you finally find that one position where you can survive the cramps.
8. “Did I just bleed through my jeans?!”
9. When the only thing in the world that makes you feel better is sitting at home wrapped up in your blanket – and then your phone rings.
10. When you get so worn out by your period that you fall asleep on your sofa and you ‘nap’ for five hours in the middle of the day.